- This event has passed.
Koshy’s Korner Special Report: The Biden Tax Plan
July 9, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The Taxes Are Coming! The Taxes Are Coming! The Time to Plan is Now!
During our recent visit to San Jose many of you expressed interest in having us delve deeper into various subject matter especially on the issue of taxation, investments, family legacy, and tax-free retirement.
Well, we heard you and are pleased to announce a series of 30-minute informational webinars designed to do a deep dive into one particular subject at a time. These will be conducted at Noon Pacific Time.
At the end of each session, we will offer you the opportunity to seek additional information, such as white papers, special reports, and other information which we will make available. You can dialogue with us on whatever is of most interest to you.
We were told for many months that tax increases were on the horizon. It seems like that time is fast approaching. The current administration and Congress have proposed several changes to the current tax code, which will have an effect on tens of millions of Americans. The main proposed changes include:
- Income Taxes: Increasing the top income tax rate from 37% to 39.6%.
- Capital Gains Rates: Raising the top capital gains tax from 20% to 39.6%. This will affect long-term and short-term capital gains, since both would be taxed as ordinary income in the highest bracket.
- Capital Gains Taxes at Death: Eliminating the step-up in basis at death for gains. For example, mom and dad purchased a house many years ago for $100,000. At their death, it is worth $1,100,000. Thanks to the step-up in basis, if the property is then sold soon thereafter, there would be no capital gains taxes since the $100,000 basis gets stepped-up to $1,200,000. Without the step up in basis, there would be a taxable gain of $1,100,000.
- Estate and Gift Taxes: Expanding the estate and gift tax by reducing the exemption amount to $3.5 million (currently $11.7 million in 2021) and increasing the top rate for the estate tax to 45%.
- The elimination of the 1031 Exchange Program.
- The Stock Market – How to make money without risking your money.
- Cryptocurrencies – Good idea or sham?
As you can see, these proposed tax increases will affect more than just the ultra-wealthy. So, what can you do about it? There are many options. Contact us today to find out how to minimize taxes and maximize the transfer of wealth to your loved ones before it’s too late.
JULY 9: BIDEN TAX PLAN
The Biden Tax Plan: Pres. Biden has introduced numerous tax proposals that could skyrocket taxes in America. Some people have referred to him as the new Franklin Roosevelt. Remember Roosevelt took taxes to the highest in history at 94.6%. Is that what we think Biden will do? Join us for discussion on the update on the latest proposals from the Biden administration and how they may affect you and your family for decades to come.
Want to Meet in Person?
We also will be conducting in person meetings one-on-one with anyone interested in San Jose on July 13th…. More information on this will follow. However, if you think you might want to meet with Koshy, Barry, and Jeff during that timeframe please let us know sooner rather than later using the form below.